Friday, June 25, 2010

21 Weeks!! More than Halfway There!!

Ok, I admit it, I've been a slacker. I guess I feel like I should only post if something interesting is going on in the pregnancy. Well, I reached the halfway point last week 20, and here is what I look like now (21 weeks):








Yes, I definitely look pregnant at this point! I must say that the pregnancy has been pretty uneventful, which is awesome. I did my NT scan and sequential screening about 7 weeks ago, and everything came back great. I had been bothering Mark in the ER to do some bootleg ultrasounds, which were totally fun. We finally decided that since the ER seems to be getting more and more crowded, that we should get an at home doppler. Really, when we went for the under the table ultrasounds ; - ), it was just to make sure that Baby Blob's heart was still pumping away. Needless to say, I listen to my belly every day!

I've been keeping busy reading Baby Bargains, and making my list of what we need to get. I've made some good progress. And, as soon as we find out what we are having, I can start looking at gender specific nursery décor. I will have to do another entry with pictures of some of the things we want to get : - )

As for symptoms in the last month or so, I have been suffering from shortness of breath, neck pain, bloating, heartburn, and the latest affliction, charlie horses...but all in all, it hasn't been too bad (I swear)!

Oh, and the anatomy scan is on Monday. I can't wait!!! We are dying to find out just exactly what Baby Blob is!

4 comments:

  1. YES!! You need to blog more lady!! You look awesome! Can't wait to find out what you are having. Glad the symptoms aren't too bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merri,

    So glad to hear that all is going great!! I was curious what the protocol was that SIRM was using with you regarding the intralipid treatments. I'm 11 weeks pregnant via IVF and my dr wants to continue the intralipds past the 1st trimester. After 3+ yrs of infertility problems, I'm scared to do anything that could
    harm this. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACR:

    Not sure if you are checking the blog, but SIRM had me doing intralipids every 4 weeks until my 20th week. I just finished the last treatment at 21 weeks. I, like you, was going to do whatever it took to make sure this was a sticky baby.

    Good luck to you, and congratulations!!! I LOVE to hear success stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the advice. So glad to hear about your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete