Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Still Killing Time

Wow, I feel bad…it’s been a long time since I have posted on my blog. I guess that’s because we are on a break cycle, so I don’t have a lot to say. Since last time, Mark and I went to Mystic, CT for a long weekend getaway. He had been very stressed at work, so I thought it would do him some good.

We originally had booked a bed and breakfast, but upon arriving, we decided that it wasn’t for us. Thankfully, the owners weren’t there, so we didn’t have to explain why we want to leave…it was like staying at your grandmother’s house…where she hadn’t dusted or updated the place since she first got married! Anyway, we wound up staying at the Hyatt in Mystic for the whole weekend. We had a lot of fun; ate at Mystic Pizza; visited some vineyards; ate lobster; relaxed.

I guess there have been a few developments in the IVF journey…but nothing major. I ordered my progesterone in ethyl oleate. Most people do the progesterone in oil, but my Dr. called in the script for PEO. When I asked about it, I was told that the shots are far less painful with the PEO. I guess time will tell. I will admit though, I’m terrified of these shots. I’ve been lucky that we have been doing IF treatments for over a year now, and I haven’t had to do one of those shots. Then again, I’m still not pregnant, so maybe the PEO are the lucky twist.

We are doing a few new things to shake things up…acupuncture, lymphocyte immunotherapy (LIT) and doing a frozen embryo transfer. I’m really hoping that all these things together will give us what we want so badly. It’s pretty crazy to think that our is really only a few weeks away. Our LIT therapy is in 18 days. Nuts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment