Thursday, June 25, 2009

Track Marks on The Belly

I went in today for cycle day 2 blood work and an ultrasound. At this point in the cycle, they are checking out the lining of your uterus, how many antral follicles you have, and if you have any cysts present. In addition, the blood work will tell them if any of your levels are elevated.

Well, much to my surprise, I have 2 sizable cysts, one on the left ovary, and one on the right. However, just got the call from the nurse, and it appears that I’m OK to start my meds tonight. I only had 9 measurable follicles this morning, so I hope they increase. The goal for this IVF cycle is to get as many eggs as I possibly can without the threat of OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome).

I will be on a total of 300 units of stimulation drugs a day, and I’ll be doing acupuncture 2xs a week for the next 2 weeks (already started that this week). I just hope we can get some nice quality eggs.

I am also getting a little concerned. I’ll be 35 in August and when we started out with IVF over a year ago, my FSH level was 3. Today’s bloodworm reflected a FSH of 7. Now, that could just be a fluke, or a sign that I definitely getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment