Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lucky Number 7??

So, it's official. I start my follistim and baby aspirin tomorrow. That means, I'm officially starting my 7th IVF rollercoaster. I am strangely excited, but as always, a little nervous. SIRM doesn't monitor as often as Cooper did. In fact, I go in on day 3 of stims for just blood work. Nobody will be checking out my ovaries until cycle day 8. How insane is that?? But, then again, maybe it's better if I'm in the dark with what my body is doing...then I can't obsess over number of follicles, etc.

So, this is it...away we go! I'll probably check in next Monday, after my first stim follie ultrasound. Fingers and toes crossed!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog as I was searching for some answers regarding my positive ATA testing. I am also starting follistim tonight for my SIRM NJ cycle. This is my first cycle with them but 4th since May 2009. I was also suprised that they don't have a look at the follicles until day 8. My old RE looked every 3 days. I guess it doesn't really bother me too much other than I won't be able to obsess as much this cycle. We are doing intralipds on the 8th based on our positive NK+ and ATA + testing. I really hope this is the cure for our infertility. Wishing you many lovely follicles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bluesocks...if you check in to the blog again, drop me your email. i'd love to chat with a cycle buddy from SIRM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So one day under our belts (literally)! I started with 600 follistim last night. I have never been on more than 450 so fingers crossed this improves the results.

    I would love a cycle buddy especially since SIRM is a completely different experience than what I am used to. Email me at kittens5001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete