Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 7 of Stims, First Follie Check

Well, I left the house super early as I wasn't sure what the roads would be like after our 30 inches of snow this weekend! My appointment was for 10am, and I walked into the office at 9am. Thankfully, they saw me right away.

Well, my lining is 8mm....which means that my POM juice concoction and pomegranate extract pills are doing the trick. I have 6 follicles measuring between 13-15, 4 measuring around 10mm, and a few smaller than 10mm. I'm trying not to be disappointed...after all, my last few IVFs at Cooper all produced around 7 follicles. Guess I was just wishing for a completely different experience.

Mark tells me that it's still early, but it's been 7 full days of stims. I'm going to guestimate that they will retrieve 7 eggs, 6 will be mature, and 5 will fertilize with icsi. Seems like I've been here a million times before : ( For now, I continue with my 225 of follistim, and go back tomorrow for another check.

I was relieved when they told me to come back tomorrow, as the area is supposed to get hit with another foot of snow on Wednesday. I was freaking all weekend about how I was going to drive 1.5 hours up to North Jersey in the snow!

Anyway, I'm home now and waiting for my home healthcare nurse to come over this afternoon to administer my intralipid infusion. I'm a little nervous as she thinks it will take about 4 hours!!! The last time I had it done, it took 1 hour. Ugh, today is going to be a long day. Am I going to have to entertain the stranger in my house for 4 hours?? Ugh, I hope not.

Ok, I'll check in again tomorrow with an update...but I'm guessing that I will trigger Thursday night and have a Saturday retrieval. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say GL to you & it's a great follie count!!! GL GL GL!!

    ReplyDelete