Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh What a Night!

So, last night felt like a comedy of errors. First of all, I realized at 9:30 that I had forgotten to take my anti-biotic to prepare for my egg retrieval. I was supposed to take it with dinner. OOPS, oh well, better late than never. Next, our power went out at 9:45pm. I lit some candles and joked around about how much fun it would be to do my trigger shot in the dark. I also was relieved that Mark would actually be home to give me the shot. It's hard enough to give yourself an IM shot in your butt, but even worse if you have to do it in the dark.

So, Mark and I set our cell phone alarms for 12:20am to get the shot ready. I was in charge of reconstituting it. That seemed to take forever. Then, Mark was in charge of loading up the syringe. Well, I freaked out because there was still some liquid in the vial. So, we had a huge fight about my meds. I was convinced that if he didn't get every last drop, the hcg wouldn't work, and my follicles would not be ready to aspirated on Friday. Yes, drama queen much?? Anyway, Mark went to do my shot and the needle kind of bent when it went into my tush. Buns of steel, perhaps? Hee hee. He had to straighten it out and it hurt like a mother! But, at least it was done.

Then, we head upstairs. The nurse said that we should have sex last night and then Mark would have to abstain until the morning of retrieval. At this point, it was already 1am, we were tired, annoyed with each other, and not all that excited about spending quality time. While we were upstairs getting ready for bed in the dark, the dog decides that he is going to stand on the bed, pee into his bed and onto the comforter! I guess the snow had gotten to him. So, in the dark, again, we had to strip the bed, find a new comforter in the house and drag all the gross peed on stuff down into the laundry room. The good news is that then the power went back on. Mark and I laughed, had quality time and went to bed.

Last night was literally a pain in my ASS!

No comments:

Post a Comment