Friday, February 12, 2010

9 EGGS!!!

I just got back from my retrieval, and they got 9 eggs! This is the third best retrieval I have had, and the first one where I didn't cry when I got the results.

I did wake up during the procedure, which I wasn't thrilled with, but I didn't feel anything. The anesthesiologist asked if I wanted to stay awake, or have a little more drug to go back to sleep, and I opted for the more drugs. No surprise there.

Anyway, I'm a little crampy, but otherwise, I feel ok. We will get a call from the Dr. tomorrow to find out how many eggs were mature and how many fertilized. Then, I'll get a call on Monday morning to find out if we are doing a 3 day or 5 day transfer. It seems like SIRM really likes to do 5 days, so as long as I have a few good looking embies on Monday, we should be set for a Wednesday transfer. They only require bedrest for one day, but I think I'll still stay home on Thursday for good measure.

Please send good embryo fertilization and growing vibes my way. I really hope that this is finally it for Mark and I!

3 comments:

  1. Great news!! I had 9 also! Praying for a great fert rept!! GL GL GL GL GL GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. f/x for great fert results for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! sending you lots of good vibes...keeping my fingers crossed for you

    ReplyDelete