Friday, December 18, 2009

Test Results are In...

So, we had our follow up phone appointment with Dr. Peters this afternoon. As previously posted, I had an immunological work up, and Mark had a sperm dna fragmentation test done. I'll tell you about Mark's results first. His fragmentation came back normal. Anything under 15% is normal, and Mark came in at 12%. Yay for Mark.

My results came back with some issues. It appears that I do have elevated natural killer cells. I believe that when your NKs are activated and elevated, they "attack" the embryo and therefore no pregnancy results. If anyone reading this blog has experience with this issue, let me know! I have no autoimmune issues, which was a relief. Apparently, those are harder to treat. I did test positive for anti thyroid antibodies. Again, anyone with experience with this, drop a line. The doctor added baby aspirin to my protocol as a way to treat this issue. He also doesn't think that at this point, it's necessary to do CGH genetic testing on the embryos...unless we decide we want to do it.

I was very relieved to "have a problem." I feel like maybe this was our problem all along. Regardless, we are set for the February IVF cycle. I'm hoping that within 2 ivf cycles with SIRM, I'll be pregnant.

I probably won't post again until after the New Year. Happy Holidays to everyone, and have a wonderful New Year. May we all get those bfps in 2010!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new member of the bump and I was reading your posts and got connected to your blog. I noticed that your new RE is Dr. Peters. His wife is my gynocologist. I have two family members that went to Dr. Peters when he worked in the Lehigh Valley (which is where I am from). They both had very tough cases and had successful outcomes from Dr. Peters. They absolutely loved him and spoke nothing but positive things about him. I hope you don't mind me commenting but sometimes I think it's nice to at least hear some feedback from others. I wish you the best of luck. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ran across your blog off the IF board and see that you're working with SIRM. I've been reading the blog of one of their doctors, and it's been really educational. Not dumbed down at all!

    We've got one failed IVf under our belts and I really want to look into immune issues before we do our first (and probably last treatment ever) FET. I'll be following your blog to see how things go for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, here's the link to the SIRM blog:
    http://www.ivfauthority.com

    ReplyDelete