Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holding Pattern

Mark and I drove up to Bedminster today for some testing. It's going to be a pain in the butt getting up there (1 lane highways most of the trip...and lots of traffic), but you have to do what you have to do. I had an immunological panel done. Mark had some bloodwork and a dna fragmentation test done. We will get our results in about 2 weeks (another phone consultation) and figure out what to do from there.

What we did decide is that we are not ready, emotionally, to jump back into IVF in January. So, we will take about 2 months off, and look to start again in February. SIRM is probably the most expensive of all the clinics that we have been to, and we agreed that if after 3 more cycles (they have a 3 ivf package), I am not pregnant, then we are done with IVF. It's too emotionally and financially draining with no positive outcome. However, if I or Mark were ever to get jobs that had IF coverage, we would certainly reconsider. So, I guess the end of our IF treatment journey finally has an end...much like LOST finally ending (which, by the way, upsets me to no end). It makes me very sad (if it comes to that), but also gives me the closure that I need.

In the meantime, I will be enjoying a treatment free couple of months. As always, thanks to everyone for your support. I'll be needing those good vibes again come 2010.

4 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for your update. GL with the additional testing and praying that your next cycle finally brings you a sticky BFP.

    A 2 month break sounds nice, maybe try to get-a-way for a long weekend?

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the time you need, honey. You and Mark be good to yourselves and make the most of this time w/o appointments and meds, etc.

    I will continue to pray that this next cycle will bring you your BFP.

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super hopeful that the break will do your body good, and even more, the new clinic will help shine light on the keys to success.

    Enjoy the break. I wish I would have done more things during mine. Life will change for you come 2010... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with the new clinic and i hope the break does yall some good- relax,pamper yourself, and reconnect with each other. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in 2010.

    ReplyDelete