Wednesday, September 2, 2009

UGH!!!!

Ugh. That's the theme of my infertility journal. I swear, nothing goes smoothly. We have hit a speed bump with every single cycle we have done. I'm getting very frustrated.

The latest speed bump: I went in for my cd16 blood work and ultrasound appointment. The key for this is to check your lining to see if it's ready for the transfer. Well, my lining pattern was IE, which according to the tech was fine. My lining was 8mm. The nurse called to tell me my test results from the morning…and my estrogen was over 2000. The doctor wants to see my lining thicken up…but, since my estrogen is so high, they can't up my estrace dosage. Great! So, I go back on Friday in the hopes that my lining thickens.

Here is what totally frustrates me. I know people who have had successful transfers with a lining of 8mm, and their doctors didn't think anything of it. And, I'm doing acupuncture, which is supposed to help with this stuff. I've had my moments of doubt with my current acupuncturist (as he hasn't done half of what my old acupuncturist did), and now I'm starting to think the whole acupuncture experience has been a complete waste of time and $$.

Who did I piss off in a past life…seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment