Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fertilization Report

Got the call from Cooper this morning. Out of our 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI. This is what we expected, and I'm ok with this news.

I did talk to the embryologist about the possibility of doing a 5 day transfer. We both agreed that if, come Monday morning, our embryos are still thriving, we can push for a 5 day transfer. We also have a frozen blast from an earlier IVF cycle, so we are looking at 6 embryos right now. The truth is that we will most likely be having our transfer on Monday and not Wednesday. I'm not that upset anymore, as we will still have something to transfer.

So, send good embryo growing vibes my way. Who knows, maybe we can get to a 5 day transfer.

4 comments:

  1. Sending you TONS of good vibes. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good news! I am sending lots and lots of good vibes those embies' way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is crossed. I am staying positive that everything is going to be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On our last IVF we only had 6 embies growing on day 1 so I know the feelings of tenuousness. But chances are there's probably a good one in there! F/x!

    ReplyDelete