Tuesday, November 10, 2009

IT'S ON!

Got our final call from embryology today. Things are looking good, and I'm sure that I made the right decision to push for a 5 day transfer. Out of the 5 embryos that we had dividing yesterday, one stalled at 5 cells, but the other 4 are morulas. That means that 4/5 are exactly where they should be on day 4. I'm so excited. We still have a frozen embryo, but we want them to thaw it out, and compare it to the other 4. Tomorrow morning, the embryologist will pick the best 2 out of the bunch, and if possible, freeze the rest.

So, here is what we did differently this cycle (a recap):

Endometrial biopsy to irritate the lining and make it more receptive for implantation
Intralipid infusion (also to aid in implantation)
LIT (I had it done in August, but it's good for 5 months)
5 day transfer (we have NEVER done a blast transfer in all 5 of our previous cycles)
Changing the catheter used for transfer.

I'm trying REALLY hard not to get too excited, as we have a lot of failures under our belts, but I felt like we gave it our all this time around. If it doesn't work, we need to figure out if it's an immune issue or a chromosomal issue, and then make some tough decisions.

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! that's awesome! 4 making it this far to day 5, i am sending you lots of good mojo and sticky vibes, good luck darling! keep us posted. sidenote: i have my consult with ccrm on the 19th, i'm nervous, excited, and a little scared :p oh the things we do! i'll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed! hugs...

    ReplyDelete