Saturday, October 24, 2009

No Miracle BFP Here

Well, I POAS this morning, and it was absolutely no surprise to see a stark white test staring back at me. I knew going into my first IUI that the odds were basically nill, but what can you do.

So, it looks like I should get AF at some point next week and then we will start up with IVF #6 with Cooper. Here are all the magic moves that we will be attempting with our last Cooper try:

*Have CA-125 blood work done to see if I have mild endometriosis (and if I do, maybe schedule a laporoscopy)

*Doing Full Stim IVF with Follistim instead of Bravelle

*No Assisted Hatching on the embryos and may need a hard catheter to perform the ET

*Do Mock Transfer with very experienced Dr. Choe, and ask her to use the same catheter she would use for real transfer

*Have the most experienced doctor in the practice do my transfer

*Doing Intralipids (within first 7 days of cycle)

*Shooting for a 5 day transfer…and if we have blasts, also including the totsicle from the other clinic

*Endometrial biopsy…irritating endometrium with connexin protein 43.

So, with all these new things to try out, if we still can't get pregnant, we are leaving Cooper and moving to SIRM NJ with Dr. Peters. We had our consultation with Dr. Peters yesterday afternoon. The first thing he wants us to do is a full immunological workup. We are all hoping that something will turn up there, as he mentioned 2 treatments he could use. One being intralipids, and the other being a mix of heparin and aspirin. If I don't have any immune issues, then we will do genetic testing on our embryos. If none of them come back normal, we will have to consider donor egg or donor sperm. So, at least Dr. Peters has a plan for us, and he was extremely straightforward. As much as I liked the guy, I still hope that we don't need to use him.

Anyway, that's where I am right now...and since I'm not pregnant, I will be partaking in some fun fall beers this evening!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry for the BFN. :(

    I love your game plan for the next IVF. I feel like you guys are really prepared, which is great. Here's hoping this next one is it and you won't have to look to SIRM!

    ReplyDelete